North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

my.democrats.org/Fight-Their-Ad-Blitz

Daily newsbrief journal for May 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

my.democrats.org/Fight-Their-Ad-Blitz

Postby admin » Sat May 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Remember when I emailed you about the impending $300 million ad blitz to tear down President Obama?

The Crossroads attack ads just launched -- and we absolutely can't afford to let them go unanswered.

Karl Rove's outside group is pouring $25 million into a massive round of TV ad buys, spanning ten key battleground states: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Colorado, and Nevada.

Reuters called it "its largest ad assault against President Barack Obama yet" -- and Rove and his allies have promised to spend another $275 million in attack ads before this thing is over.

If you were waiting for a time to be part of Democrats winning this year, it's now.

Please pitch in $3 or whatever you can to help Democrats stave off these nasty attacks with rapid response in these ten states and more:

https://my.democrats.org/Fight-Their-Ad-Blitz

Let's stop this before the damage is done.

Thanks,

Patrick

-----------------Original Message-----------------
Subject: The first major "anti-Obama" campaign

Friend --

Huge news -- Karl Rove's super PAC, American Crossroads, is launching its first major "anti-Obama" ad campaign this year.

With plans to spend as much as $300 million, yesterday they announced a plan to destroy President Obama's standing with voters in key battleground states in an ad blitz slated from now until July.

Why so early? They said they hope to "dislodge voters from him" before the general election even starts.

We can't stop their ads -- but we can fight back with every resource we have.

Pitch in $3 or more today to push back against American Crossroads' early ad blitz.

Here's something that gets me especially fired up: Their attack line in these ads is apparently going to be that the President isn't "up for the job." This is coming from Karl Rove and other former Bush advisors -- the exact same people who championed the reckless economic policies that brought us to the brink of another Great Depression -- and left us holding the bag. It's pretty outrageous.

This news of their massive -- and entirely negative -- ad campaign shows they're not interested in letting their nominee compete against President Obama in earnest. They don't want to run on the issues, or let voters choose between two visions for our country -- they just want to destroy Barack Obama.

The worst part is it could work. Look at how Romney and his super PAC have beaten Santorum and Gingrich: they come in state-by-state, drop millions in negative ads, and jump his poll numbers by sometimes more than double-digits to win.

It doesn't matter if it's true. If you can afford to put lies on TV 30 times a day, folks could start to reconsider the truth.

We're not going to let that happen. For every negative ad they throw up on the air, we'll launch rapid response communications, and, yes, even our own ads to set the record straight.

I need to know you're ready for this fight -- even if it's earlier than we expected.

Donate $3 or more right now to fight back against American Crossroads' lies:

https://my.democrats.org/Fight-Their-Ad-Blitz

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick Gaspard
Executive Director
Democratic National Committee
admin
Site Admin

Return to May 2012