North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Update on the Koch brothers

Daily newsbrief journal for February 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 pm

from Obama 2012 Blog
I sent supporters an email last week about Mitt Romney's speech to Americans for Prosperity—the special-interest front group founded by the oil billionaire Koch brothers.

The Kochs noticed. Their lobbyist in chief responded in an open letter to me. Here's how he defended AFP, which is attempting to influence this election by pumping millions into ads bashing the President:

"... it has tens of thousands of members and contributors from across the country and from all walks of life." Just a couple ordinary folks, pitching in what they can.

I'd like them to prove it. So I wrote back, challenging the Koch brothers—the same guys who recently called the 2012 election "the mother of all wars"—to disclose for the public exactly who's behind the millions of dollars they're spending on attack ads.

Join me and demand that the Koch brothers make their donors public.

Let's show them what "tens of thousands" of folks from "all walks of life" actually looks like.

My full letter in response is below. Take a look, then ask the Kochs to back up their words and tell the country who's actually funding their efforts to influence the election.

We'll keep you posted.

http://www.barackobama.com/news/update- ... h-brothers
admin
Site Admin

Return to February 2012