North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Pennsylvania Young Democrats

for realtime updates follow @usdemocrats @canadademocrats

Pennsylvania Young Democrats

Postby admin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Pennsylvania Young Democrats.

Timothy P. Brennan July 27, 2010 at 2:16pm
Subject: ACTION ITEM: EVEN MORE OF A REASON
Folks,

This is a tuff economy and our generation has seen the worst of it.

We all know someone who has been affected, be it our younger members looking for jobs or those of us in our 20's and 30's who, instead of building wealth, are going pay check to pay check (or worse).

Tom Corbett still doesn't get it . Take a look at the news story and then take a minute to call this for what it is - callousness or cluelessness.

http://www.politicspa.com/corbett-highl ... ers/13950/

PLEASE WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR AND TELL PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES AND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT CORBETT'S COMMENTS.

LINKS TO PAPERS
http://www.facebook.com/l/1a4bbfbGXu7_1 ... panews.php (newspaper list including some college papers)

http://www.50states.com/news/penn.htm (additional newspaper list)

FORM LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Recently, Tom Corbett, the Republican nominee for governor said the state’s 9.1 percent unemployment rate is the fault of unemployed people who don’t want to work. Now he is at it again, saying that there are jobs all over the news papers these days.

As a young person, I have seen the worst of this crisis and I have to believe at this point that Tom Corbett either (i) doesn't understand the issues that affect me or (ii) simply doesn't care.

Does he actually believes people, who can’t find jobs in the worst recession in decades, are simply too lazy to work? Does he believe that clippings and scraps in the newspapers are going to give us the same opportunities our parents had?

These continued comments trivialize a very difficult issue and play politics with the lives of our working families. It shows he has no understanding of the challenges that Pennsylvanians face every day.

What Mr. Corbett obviously doesn’t understand is that these are people like me, not just a statistic. It is students trying to better themselves, young people trying to get a start in life and fathers and mothers who are struggling to keep food on the table and a roof over their children’s heads. Now he is saying we are all too lazy? Wow.

Note to Mr. Corbett - Maybe you should finish reading the paper and catch up with the rest of the world?

WHAT CORBETT SAID
“People don’t want to come back to work while they still have unemployment. They’re literally telling – I’ll come back to work when the unemployment runs out. That’s becoming a problem. The jobs are there, but if we keep extending unemployment the people are going to sit there and… I’ve literally had construction companies tell me, I can’t get people to come back to work, until… they say, ‘I’ll come back to work when unemployment runs out.’”

“You guys asked me if there are jobs out there. If I am a common citizen, the average citizen, and I look at a newspaper … and I see jobs – what’s the answer to that question.”
admin
Site Admin

Return to July 2010