North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Farmfest 2010 - volunteers needed

Daily newsbrief journal for June 2010
follow @usdemocrats for near-realtime updates

Postby admin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:15 am

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and found the time to give thanks to our veterans. Here is a great volunteer opportunity that I am pass along.
------------------------------

It's that time again when I begin the volunteer recruitment process for this year's DFL booth at Farmfest. I need to turn in names of our volunteers at the end of June so that I can order free passes/name badges for everyone. That means right now I just need to know who can work - as far as the scheduling details go, we can work those out in July unless you want to tell me your preference now.

For those of you not familiar with Farmfest, it takes place during the daytime hours on Aug 3-5 (Tues-Thurs) . It's located on the grounds of the historic Gilfillan Farm between Redwood Falls and Morgan. Farmfest is basically like a large county fair but it has all ag-related businesses and vendors. It also includes some informational forums and political forums. The state party, along with CDs 1 and 7, have been sponsoring a booth out there for a number of years and we generally have 2 people working at the DFL booth for any given shifts. You can check out more on Farmfest at: http://www.farmshows.com/ffst/index.po;jsessionid=%20kaXbMkrd7-3RGkMc0JPVFymn

FYI on standard shifts:
Tues & Wednesday (Aug 3 & 4) shifts are: 8-11am, 11am-2pm, 2-5pm
Thursday (Aug 5) shifts are: 8-11am, 11am-2pm, 2-4pm

Lori Sellner
Chair, CD 1 DFL
507-227-4004
admin
Site Admin

Return to June 2010