North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Whip Hoyer Announces Staff Changes

Daily newsbrief journal for May 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/weblog for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Mon May 20, 2013 6:39 pm

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) today announced that Shuwanza Goff has been promoted to Floor Director to succeed Austin Burnes, who is leaving the Hill at the end of May.

“Since joining my staff over five years ago, Shuwanza has demonstrated a sharp talent for leadership and for the workings of Floor procedure,” said Hoyer. “In every position on my staff in which she has served, Shuwanza has excelled across a range of responsibilities and earned a reputation for hard work on behalf of Democratic Members, who continuously depend on her skill and advice on the Floor. I am excited that Shuwanza will be taking on this new role, in which I know she will continue to garner the respect and admiration of everyone in our Caucus.”

“I have been privileged to have in Austin Burnes an outstanding Director of Legislative Operations, and since coming to my office in 2004 he has played a major role in our Floor operations throughout much of the past decade,” said Hoyer. “As the head of my Floor team, Austin brought a keen intellect, political instinct, and a natural talent for the legislative process to the House Floor, which I know was greatly appreciated by the Members of our Caucus. He will be missed by the many Members and staff who have relied on his good judgment and advice over the years, and I wish him all the best as he embarks on the next phase of his career.”

Shuwanza Goff began her career on Capitol Hill in 2008 as a Staff Assistant in the Majority Leader’s office. After having been promoted to Floor Aide and then Floor Assistant, Shuwanza became the Democratic Whip’s Deputy Director of Legislative Operations in 2012, where she has helped manage the day-to-day operations of the Floor. A graduate of the University of Tennessee, where she earned her B.A. in Political Science, Shuwanza also holds a Master of Science degree from American University in Justice, Law, and Society.

Austin Burnes joined the Hoyer staff in 2004, serving in several different roles over nine years, including Deputy Floor Director for three years and Director of Legislative Operations since January 2012. He received his B.A. in Political Science from Wake Forest University.

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to May 2013