North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on President Obama's Visit to Baltimore

Daily newsbrief journal for May 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/weblog for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Sat May 18, 2013 9:22 pm

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement after President Obama's visit to Baltimore today as part of his Middle Class Jobs and Opportunities Tour:

“The President’s visits to Moravia Park Elementary School, a Judy Center; Ellicott Dredges; and the Center for Urban Families in Baltimore today show that he remains focused on creating jobs and opportunities for families in America. I am proud that my home state of Maryland has become a leader in laying the groundwork for a competitive workforce by investing in critical early childhood education and by investing in growing the manufacturing sector.

“This morning’s visit to a Judy Center, named in memory of my wife, who made early childhood education the cause of her career, emphasized the importance of getting children on the right path early in life. Creating job opportunities and growing our middle class begins with ensuring all of our children have access to high quality early childhood education. When students entering elementary school are well prepared, they have a better foundation on which to learn the skills they will need to be successful in college or a career. Maryland’s Judy Centers are an effective way to achieve this goal and ought to be a model for the rest of the country.

“Likewise, the visit to Ellicott Dredges, a manufacturer of dredging equipment used in water infrastructure and environmental clean-up projects worldwide, indicates the importance this administration places on manufacturing. The President announced an initiative today to speed federal agency review and permitting of infrastructure projects that will enable us to attract more manufacturing development. I welcome this step, which Congress must build on by passing Make It In America legislation to encourage businesses to manufacture, innovate, and create jobs here in the U.S.

“I hope Democrats and Republicans can work together to build on the issues discussed today and create the jobs and opportunities that sustain a growing middle class.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to May 2013