North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement On Rep. Mel Watt's Nomination By President O

Daily newsbrief journal for April 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/weblog for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement On Rep. Mel Watt's Nomination By President O

Postby admin » Wed May 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Hoyer Statement On Rep. Mel Watt's Nomination By President Obama To Be Next FHFA Director

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today after President Barack Obama nominated Congressman Mel Watt (NC-12) to be the next Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency:

“I have been privileged to serve alongside my friend, Mel Watt, for the past twenty years, and I congratulate him on his nomination to be our next Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA). Throughout his tenure in Congress, Mel has been a powerful advocate for the families of North Carolina’s 12th District, making them the focus of his service to grow jobs, increase access to affordable housing, and provide protections against fraud for consumers and small businesses. As a former Chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, he has led efforts to ensure that Congress works for all Americans, addressing critical issues from unemployment to education, poverty, and access to opportunity.

“With his extensive experience in Congress, state government, and the private sector, Mel is well suited to lead the FHFA as it faces the continued challenge of supporting our housing recovery. He brings to the table a proven record of fighting deceptive mortgage practices, working to expand affordable housing, and protecting consumers from predatory lending. He has also built a strong record of working across the aisle to achieve bipartisan victories at a time when Washington is in need of less partisanship and greater cooperation. Mel will be missed in the halls of Congress, but I hope the Senate will confirm his nomination swiftly so he can begin his important work at FHFA right away.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to April 2013