North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Nomination of Mayor Anthony Foxx as Trans

Daily newsbrief journal for April 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/weblog for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement on Nomination of Mayor Anthony Foxx as Trans

Postby admin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Hoyer Statement on Nomination of Mayor Anthony Foxx as Transportation Secretary

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today after President Barack Obama announced his nomination of Mayor Anthony Foxx to be the next Secretary of Transportation:

“I join in congratulating Mayor Anthony Foxx on his nomination to be our next Secretary of Transportation. In his three and a half years as mayor, he has overseen significant investment in new transportation infrastructure for Charlotte, including a new runway at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, development centered around light rail, and upgrades to bridges and roads. Mayor Foxx understands from firsthand experience the challenges and opportunities with regard to public transit and its effects on attracting new jobs and growing local economies. I hope the Senate will move swiftly to confirm him in his new role, where I know he will be a strong advocate for a reliable and safe national transportation infrastructure.

“Over the past four years, my friend Secretary Ray LaHood has served our country admirably, and I thank him again for setting an example of bipartisan leadership during a time of great challenges and of great progress. He leaves a legacy of pragmatic and innovative solutions, including his campaign to curb distracted driving, which will save countless lives. I know Mayor Foxx will continue this proud legacy in the years ahead.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to April 2013