North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Congress Passes Continuing Resolution, House Democrats Unan

Daily newsbrief journal for March 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/weblog for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Congress Passes Continuing Resolution, House Democrats Unan

Postby admin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Congress Passes Continuing Resolution, House Democrats Unanimously Oppose Extreme Republican Budget

MESSAGE FROM THE DEMOCRATIC WHIP

This Saturday marks the third anniversary of the Affordable Care Act being signed into law. As we recognize the millions of Americans that are receiving more accessible and affordable care as a result of this law, I am disappointed that Republicans continued their attacks against this law, upheld by the Supreme Court, by repealing it in their budget. The House Republican budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2014 not only repeals the Affordable Care Act while keeping the savings it provided, it also hides its policies that hurt the middle class, seniors, and the most vulnerable; ends the Medicare guarantee; and fails to put our nation on a fiscally sustainable path without hurting the economy. House Democrats unanimously opposed this extreme proposal and as the budget process moves forward in both chambers, I urge House Republicans to work with Democrats over the coming weeks to enact a conference agreement that is balanced and will set us on a path to a strong fiscal and economic future.

Additionally, this week I voted for the Continuing Resolution that will keep our government running through the end of September. While I am pleased the Senate was able to reach a bipartisan agreement that improved the House version of this bill, I would have preferred a bill that stopped the sequester and replaced it with a combination of targeted spending cuts and additional revenues. I will continue to promote a bipartisan and balanced solution to restore our nation’s fiscal sustainability, reduce our deficits, and grow our economy as Congress continues to work toward a budget for Fiscal Year 2014 next month.

Sincerely yours,

STENY H. HOYER
admin
Site Admin

Return to March 2013