North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hear it straight from the President

Daily newsbrief journal for March 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/weblog for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hear it straight from the President

Postby admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Friend --

President Obama talked about you the other day -- and I wanted to make sure you heard all the good things he had to say:

"What we want is to make sure that the voices of the people who put me here continue to be heard -- that they're not just heard during election time, that they're not just heard in terms of dollar solicitations, that we are helping to build or sustain a network of citizens who have a voice in the most critical debates that are going to be taking place over the next year, year and a half, and if it works, potentially beyond."

Pretty exciting stuff, right? That's our mission at Organizing for Action -- and you're making it happen.

Check out this video of President Obama's speech at last week's Founder's Summit and say you're standing with the President for the work ahead:

https://my.barackobama.com/page/m/55c1a8c2/506149c3/37e5c359b/147666d5/1773817604/VEsE/p/eyJKU1ZEVlZOVVQwMWZSRUZVUVZORlZGdHpiSFZuUFdadmJHUmxjbDlrWVhSaGMyVjBMR3RsZVQxbWIyeGtaWEpmYUdGemFGMGxKUT09IjoiIiwiSlNWRFZWTlVUMDFmUkVGVVFWTkZWRnR6YkhWblBXWnBiR1ZmWkdGMFlYTmxkQ3hyWlhrOVptbHNaVjlvWVhOb1hTVWwiOiIiLCJKU1ZGVFVGSlRDVWwiOiJqaW10YWtlZGFAZ21haWwuY29tIiwiSlNWYVNWQWxKUT09IjoiOTAyMTAifQ==/

When President Obama talked about the work we're doing, he made it clear: It's not about electing anyone, and it's not about gearing up for the next elections.

It's about the governing part of our movement -- after the polls close, and when the real job of passing legislation that represents our principles and values begins.

Already, your work as part of Organizing for Action has begun to turn heads.

In a nutshell, it meant the hundreds of events across the country to make sure Congress knows we're serious about reducing gun violence.

It's thousands of people, many who hadn't ever used Twitter before, getting online and tweeting their representatives to make their voices heard.

It's the more than 500,000 people who have added their names to tell Congress to reduce the deficit and pass a budget that doesn't hurt the middle class.

It's the more than 1 million OFA supporters who have already taken action as part of this organization -- yes, more than 1 million.

And it's the more than 400 Action Planning Sessions that folks are holding across the country this week and next to plan our actions for the next few months ahead.

I want to share one last line from President Obama's speech that really drives home the work we're doing:

"I've always said that I am representing people, and that change comes about because people are activated, people are involved. People shape the agenda. People determine the framework for debate. People let their members of Congress know what is that they believe. And when those voices are heard, you can't stop it. That's when change happens."

You're part of it, and you should be proud.

Watch the rest of President Obama's remarks, and say you're in for Organizing for Action's work today:

http://my.barackobama.com/President-Obama-on-OFA

Thank you,

Jon

Jon Carson
Executive Director
Organizing for Action
admin
Site Admin

Return to March 2013