North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Secretary LaHood Departure

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:17 pm

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today after Secretary Ray LaHood announced he will be leaving the Department of Transportation:

“I join in thanking my friend Secretary Ray LaHood for his leadership of the Transportation Department during President Obama’s first term. I was privileged to have served with him during the fourteen years he represented Illinois’ 18th District in Congress. Throughout his time in public service, Ray has consistently put policy before politics, and has worked in a bipartisan way on behalf of his community, his state, and our country.

“Under his tenure, the Department implemented new projects to improve the nation’s infrastructure, which strengthened our competitiveness and helped create jobs, and it also developed historic fuel economy standards that save consumers money at the pump. As a champion of the development of cleaner and more efficient modes of transportation, including high-speed rail, alternative fuel vehicles, and mass transit, Ray has been tireless in transforming a vision for America’s future into action. And thanks to his campaign to highlight the dangers of driving while texting or talking on a mobile phone, countless lives will be saved from the dangers of distracted driving. I wish Ray, Kathy and their family all the best as he prepares to begin the next phase of his career.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2013