North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

A Bold Voice To Lead The Interior Dept

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

A Bold Voice To Lead The Interior Dept

Postby admin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm

After the November 2012 election, as the 112th Congress was winding down, I accelerated my efforts for peace, the protection of civil liberties and a just economy right through to my final day in office. This January I have begun several new endeavors including a speaking tour, a book and a new role as a part-time contributor at Fox News Channel where I will continue to offer the views which are central to our movement. But that's not why I am writing now.

Congressman Raul Grijalva's name is being floated as a possible appointment to be the next Secretary of the Interior, and I could not think of a better choice to lead this important federal agency. It would be a bold pick that would dramatically change how our federal government treats our federal lands. Will you join with other protectors of our environment and ask President Obama to Appoint Raul Grijalva as Secretary of the Interior?

Raul Grijalva's leadership on the House Natural Resources Committee has demonstrated how he is a champion of clean air, clean water, renewable energy, comprehensive mining reform and environmental conservation. He is the type of bold leader that we need at the Department of the Interior. We need his leadership to better conserve our public lands for generations to come. His appointment will send a strong signal to special interest groups and well-funded lobbyists: the days of influencing our environment with cronyism and fat checks are over.

http://action.kucinich.us/page/m/13310f26/111c853c/124249af/1e63730b/1485958618/VEsE/

Raul is a friend to me and to our movement. As co-chairman of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, Raul has been an outspoken supporter of health care for all Americans, fairness in our tax code and bringing our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan. He is also a member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and has been a leading voice for fair, comprehensive immigration reform.

If Raul Grijalva is named the 51st Secretary of Interior, we know that we will have a champion on behalf of all Americans in this critical cabinet position during President Obama's second term.

But we only have a few days before President Obama is expected to make his decision on who to nominate. Please sign this petition and tell him to appoint Raul Grijalva as Interior Secretary.

I may no longer be in Congress, but this movement's mission is as important as ever. This will be the first of many actions we will take to help build a more just and more peaceful country and world.

I will communicate with you again soon, regarding my own plans and how we can continue to work together to transform our nation.

Forward,

Dennis Kucinich
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2013