North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on White House Chief of Staff Appointment

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the folowing statement today on the appointment of Denis McDonough as the next White House Chief of Staff:

“I congratulate Denis McDonough on being named as the next White House Chief of Staff. As someone who has served President Obama since before his election in a variety of critical roles, he will bring to his new job a depth of experience. In his current position as Deputy National Security Advisor, Denis has been instrumental in achieving the President’s foreign policy goals and keeping our nation safe from a range of threats from abroad. I am confident that he will continue to provide President Obama with sound counsel and help him manage his Administration’s ongoing efforts to create jobs, address the challenge of our deficits, and protect our citizens from harm at home and overseas.

“Jack Lew departs from the White House having served with great distinction as its Chief of Staff, and I know that his legacy will continue to inform the work of his successors in the West Wing for many years to come. It has been a privilege to work closely with him during his tenure, and I thank him for his tireless efforts to get things done for the American people. I look forward to continuing to work with him after he is swiftly confirmed by the Senate as our next Secretary of the Treasury.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2013