North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Departure of Ambassador Ron Kirk

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 pm

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today following the annoucement of Ambassador Ron Kirk's upcoming departure:

“I join in thanking U.S. Trade Representative Amb. Ron Kirk for his four years of dedicated service as America’s chief advocate for exports and fair trade practices. Under his leadership, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative oversaw the opening of new markets for our businesses and the implementation of tougher trade enforcement rules that help ensure a level playing field for American products overseas. Throughout this tenure, Amb. Kirk has stressed that when American businesses can compete fairly, they will prosper and create new opportunities for jobs here at home. He has been a strong supporter of American workers and their role as the engine of our economic growth, and I was glad to have had the opportunity to work with him in developing parts of House Democrats’ Make It In America jobs plan to revitalize our manufacturing sector. I wish him all the best as he embarks on the next phase in his career.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2013