North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Republican Leadership's Newly Announced S

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2013, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global compendium library and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement on Republican Leadership's Newly Announced S

Postby admin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Hoyer Statement on Republican Leadership's Newly Announced Scheduled Actions for Hurricane Sandy Relief

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today after House Republican leaders announced their intention to hold votes on Friday on flood insurance, and votes before January 15th on a larger Hurricane Sandy aid package:

"While I remain disappointed that the House Republican leadership did not allow a vote on the Hurricane Sandy supplemental legislation last night, I am relieved that Speaker Boehner has agreed to move forward with a vote on flood insurance this week. It is unfortunate that the Speaker has decided to wait two weeks before having the House vote to approve the bulk of the relief for victims of Sandy, but we will hold him to that promise so that families and business-owners have assurance that help is on its way.

"By coming together to call on Speaker Boehner to move forward with this relief package, Democratic and Republican Members from New York, New Jersey, and other states sent a strong message that our work here need not be rooted in the politics that all too often divides us but in the public service that unites us. I look forward to joining with my colleagues from both parties to pass this disaster assistance so those affected can rebuild their lives and businesses."

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2013