North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

As offensive as it gets

Daily newsbrief journal for October 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

As offensive as it gets

Postby admin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 am

Last night in the Indiana senatorial debate, Republican Richard Mourdock said that when a woman becomes pregnant as the result of rape, "it's something God intended."

One day earlier, Mitt Romney, the leader of the Republican Party, appeared in a TV ad supporting Mourdock's campaign, making him the only candidate in the entire country for whom Romney cut an ad in the general election. The fact that he has chosen Mourdock as the best representative for the Republican Party tells you everything you need to know.

And Governor Romney still won't back off his endorsement of Mourdock, let alone demand that Mourdock's campaign pull down the ad.

Yes, Jim, these are the kinds of candidates that we're working so hard to defeat in less than two weeks. But we can't do it unless Democrats across the country have the resources they need to win -- donate $5 or more now.

As hard as it may be to believe that a politician in 2012 actually believes something so offensive and demeaning to women, these views are part and parcel of the Republican Party's platform on women's health.

At a Mourdock rally earlier in this election, Romney said, "This is a man who I want to see in Washington, to make sure that we can not just talk about changing things, but actually have the votes to get things changed."

This man could be your president-elect in 14 days.

As a woman and a mother, I can't imagine raising my son in a country led by politicians who think so little of women and their health. And I'm going to work as hard as I possibly can every single day to make sure that we beat these guys on Election Day -- but I can't do it alone.

Donate $5 or more now to ensure that the GOP's backwards views on women's rights don't become a reality:

https://my.democrats.org/Forward-Not-Back

Thanks for all you do,

Hildy

Hildy Kuryk
National Finance Director
Democratic National Committee
admin
Site Admin

Return to October 2012